Sunday, July 19, 2020

Persistence Pays



Annie finally convinced McCoy to play with her.












  https://youtu.be/07hnNbml1w8





I had taken McCoy's food dish out after he ate this morning as he did not want Annie anywhere near his dish, empty or not. I thought that was why he was willing to play with her this morning.

However, this evening when he was done eating and I had taken his bowl out, I went to open the gate to let him out for the night where Annie was bouncing around, waiting for her playmate. McCoy growled and snapped at her.

He was definitely *not* playful. He tried to keep her away from me. I managed to open the gate so long as Annie stayed on the opposite side from McCoy, but when she came around to our side, he attacked. Apparently, he was protecting me from her.

Or else trying to keep me from giving her attention?  I really don't have this interaction figured out yet.

After I left, they played together again. But when I went to the goat gate that Annie goes under to join McCoy, she came back inside and went with me to her pen and ate food. Before I left for the night, she had gone back out to play with Mr. McCoy.

I don't know how much guarding the property Mr. McCoy is doing now that he has a puppy to worry about. Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mister McCoy: Annie's Playmate, Teacher, Disciplinarian

 Annie did not learn from my NOs  to stop chasing goats when they come running for apples and tree branches that  I throw over their fence. ...